Liebster Award 2015
Today I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Adela from The Perfect Chapter. This is an award for bloggers who have under 200 followers, and provides the opportunity for the various bloggers to connect and broaden their pool of followers.
The award works on a system of questions and answers, whereby I must answer the 11 questions Adela set for me, and then the 11 blogs who get nominated by me will have to answer the 11 questions I set them.
- Thank and link the person who nominated you.
- Answer the nominator’s 11 questions.
- Nominate 11 small blogs with fewer than 200 followers who you believe deserve this award, and include their links.
- Create 11 new questions for your nominees to answer. Notify those nominees via social media / blogs.
- List 11 facts about yourself.
11 Facts about Me
- My favourite colours are purple, green and orange.
- I love discovering useful, obscure words, such as petrichor [the smell of the earth after the rain]
- My favourite movie is Casablanca, and yes it is in black and white.
- The first book I ever read was The Hobbit, with the occasional help of my dad, when I was five.
- I am against any plastic surgery or any form of cosmetic changes that are purely for superficial reasons ... this is one of the reasons why I will never dye my hair.
- I am very into holistic living, and try to eat as healthily and naturally as possible.
- If I could I would live as a nomad for the remainder of my life.
- I have a hidden passion for producing films, and one day hope to be involved in the production process of a nouveau film.
- I used to act when I was much younger.
- I have been writing since I was eight, and bought my own camera when I was fourteen (and have been addicted ever since)
- I don't have a middle name, much to my disappointment.
Questions and Answers
- Why did you start blogging? I wanted a medium where I could write freely, and gain experience in a more 'professional' form of writing. It is also an easy way for my friends and family to keep track of my whereabouts on my travels.
- What is something people would be surprised to know about you? I think in colours and sounds.
- What is your dream career? Something involving travel, and either writing, photography or classical studies.
- Who is your inspiration? That's quite difficult to answer. I am inspired by so many things (I recently wrote a post about it), as well as a variety of people who have made an impact in my life.
- Three things you cannot live without? My books, my music, and my camera.
- What's your biggest fear? Anatidaephobia
- Your dream vacation? Planet earth? Uhm probably Paris, because I am so mesmerised with that city. But otherwise anywhere where they don't speak english, have nice scenery, and a rich culture.
- If you can live anywhere in the world, where would that be? Europe.
- Rock or Reggae? I love most kinds of music. but between these two I'd go with Rock.
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years? In some unknown country doing research for an article.
- Do you like the person you've become? Yes.
- Account of a Girl
- La Dulce Vita
- Scenic Route Travels
- A Girl and her Passport
- Marlena Pearl
- La Vie en Lavande
- Through These Gray Eyes
- What inspires you?
- Where is your favourite travel destination?
- What is one thing you cannot live without?
- What are you future plans for your blog?
- What are some of your favourite activities to do during a long vacation?
- Did you enjoy high school?
- If you were stranded in a foreign city, where you do not speak the language, what is the first thing you would do?
- What is your earliest memory?
- Happiest moment in your life so far ...
- Would you rather spend an afternoon exploring a new city, or stay at home curled up in bed?
- Are you a dog or a cat person?